This is the Craigie-Longfellow House that George Washington used during the American Revolutionary War as his headquarters for almost nine months during the siege of Boston in 1775-76. Many prominent people in American history gathered here including, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Charles Dickens... it's just across the street from the church building.
About a mile from the church is Mt. Auburn Cemetery, which was founded in 1831 as America’s first landscaped/garden cemetery.
It's also one of the country's most significant cultural landscapes, and a National Historic Landmark.
Someone made a heart with these flowers & we found them along one of the many paths in the 175 acre cemetery... kinda creepy sounding but it was one of the most beautiful places i've ever been too!I CAN NOW SAY, "I WENT TO HARVARD!"
this is a statue of John Harvard who the university was named after.We lucked out by going to Cambridge on Mother's Day because it happened to be Mayfair in Harvard Square... an annual festival they have to celebrate SPRING! Too bad it was almost too cold to enjoy... we just wanted to get back to the car and turn on the heater!
5 comments:
Looks like you guys are having fun out there. . I wish you guys would have come back to Tn. . but I guess life goes on! ~Jess
Sarah!! It's YOU!! I'm so glad to know you are blogging, we can keep track of you! You guys look wonderful!!! Please keep in touch!
Love you!! Deni
Sarah! how are you guys, it's been forever! So you're in Massachussetts? holy cow that's far away! what are you guys doing there? We're in Idaho right now living in the smallest town in the world! just kidding... maybe. anyway, you should email me (since apparently jeff never checks his) @ laiecrystal@aol.com . let us know what you're up to!
We are in Mesa. We've been there for almost 3 years, but I'm ready to get back to UT by family. What are you guys doing in Boston?
Amy Cowley (johnson)
I love the videos and reading all your adventures. Thanks
~a
Post a Comment