I love the scriptures-- they are my road map through life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I love it so much! I wish that everyone knew of the strength and power found within its pages. It was prepared by Heavenly Father to testify of Christ-- hand in hand with the Bible. I know that both books are meant to help each of us to come closer to the Lord, and that they contain knowledge necessary for our progression. They have given me so much direction, and the more I read, the more precious they become to me. I have been so grateful for the guidance they have given me in my life-- there is definitely power in the scriptures!
The Lord has truly blessed me so much in my life, and I have found unbelievable happiness because of the truthfulness of the gospel and the Restoration. That knowledge has been given to me over and over again throughout my life, and in so many different ways. It is the only church on the earth given authority directly from the Lord, and the only one containing all the knowledge necessary to return to Him. Everything I experience and everything I study simply strengthens my testimony of that. My mind knows that it is true, and so does my heart. It is the Lord's church.
I know that there is a God, that you and I are His children, and that He loves us no matter what. Just knowing that has brought me so much peace. He wants so much to help us become all that we can be... if we will only let Him in. I know that He is guiding our lives and that through Him we can do anything. He is the source of my happiness, and I trust Him completely. Life may not always be easy, but if we simply do things the Lord's way, then our lives will ALWAYS turn out the best way. I know that to be true. I know that the Lord speaks through prophets today, just as he did in times of old. I testify that he restored his church to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith, that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet today, and that the Lord speaks directly through him to all of us.
I know that there is a purpose to life-- that we have been sent here to grow and progress, to learn, and to prove our faithfulness to the Lord that we might be with Him forever. I am so thankful for my chance to do that, and for the constant guidance I am given by the Lord to help me in this endeavor. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ, and I know that he truly is the Son of God. He is the one who gave purpose to life, without his atonement it would be impossible for any of us to progress enough to make any difference. We could not return to God without his sacrifice. The more I study and learn about the life of the Savior, the more I learn to love him and appreciate what he has done for us. I know that because of him I can live forever with God if I prove faithful to the things I've been taught. I know that He willingly accepted all the pain and agony He endured because He loved each of us so much. At times when I feel that no one else can understand what I am going through, I know that he understands, cares, and wants to help me. I can't comprehend a love as great as his, but I am so grateful for it! I love Him and hope that I can show that in everything I do. He truly is the redeemer of mankind.
I am so grateful for my wonderful family. I love them with all my heart. They are my cheering section, and have been a constant strength to me throughout my life. Families are so important-- they teach us the way we should be. It's no wonder then that Satan tries so hard to destroy them. I am so grateful that families can be eternal, that those relationships that mean the most to us can last forever. What an amazing and perfect blessing from the Lord that is! The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought more happiness and stability to my life than I could ever possibly explain. That knowledge is so precious to me. Words can't express what a wonderful feeling it is to know who I am, to know what I must do, and to know why I am doing it. I couldn't know those things without the gospel in my life. The knowledge I have gives me strength, peace, and courage. It doesn't matter how dark or bleak the world seems to get, the gospel is unchanging-- it is the one constant we all can look to. I know that all happiness in life stems from the vital principles found within the gospel. That knowledge is worth working for!
Today being Father's Day, I've thought a lot about my own father... especially how grateful I am to know that I have an eternal family and that I will be able to see him again. What a blessing it is to be able to go to the temple and be sealed to the person or in many cases people that you love, and to know that you will be with them for eternity... I can't imagine going through life without the knowledge that I will be with my loved ones again.
My father passed away almost 6 years ago & he is still a great example to me. He was an example of being in tune with the spirit and knew what was most important in life and was not ashamed to do what was right or to share his testimony. He left a vibrant legacy that I hope will have an effect on my posterity!
I am so grateful and proud to be his daughter!
8 comments:
What a touching tribute to your Father, and testimony of the Church. Your a wonderful gal, Miss Sarah! I love you guys~ Jess
Thanks for sharing your testimony with us...it was very sweet and touching. We are truly blessed and life is great. Take care!
Thanks for your sweet testimony! I liked looking at the collage...I didn't realize how handsome Uncle Stan was!!!
Very neat, Sarah! Thanks for the great testimony. We enjoyed looking at all of the pictures - your dad is so awesome!
You ROCK girl! I loved loved loved the collage!
What an amazing entry, Sarah. Thanks for sharing your testimony, you helped lift me.
Your dad was (is!) awesome...we all love him so much.
Wow, I loved reading about everything. I especially loved reading your powerful and inspiring testimony. What a treasure that is for all of us especially for your future family. It was so fun to see the pictures. You all look so great. I am so glad that Jennifer can be there with her brothers and sisters... it is nice. Thank you for all you do for her.
I love you Sarah. We are so blessed to have you in our family.
Love, Mom
So fun to see this collage of pictures of your family. It brings back a lot of memories.
Post a Comment