Delsie Louesa
Saturday, September 18th, 2010
4:22 am
7 lbs 9 oz
21 in
Saturday, September 18th, 2010
4:22 am
7 lbs 9 oz
21 in
On Tuesday morning (the 14th) we thought we were headed to the hospital... but Delsie changed her mind!
My Mom & Maddie came up to deliver a dresser/changing table that Randy made for Delsie on Friday (the 17th). We went to lunch @ Paradise Bakery... and ran some errands... Mom kept parking super far away so we'd have to walk far... Dr. Bennett's orders :P I kept thinking, "if this was Jeff trying to get the farthest parking spot he could... I would be so mad!" Mom & Maddie were planning on leaving around 3 to beat the rush-hour traffic... but they just kept hanging out... I said, "you guys really can go... i don't think she's going to come today". Mom was wanting to be back by 6 or something for a High Priest something-or-other that Randy said he would go to with her. But she just had a feeling [i'd been having contractions (1st stage or early labor) since Monday (the 13th - Dad's 56th) night/early Tuesday morning of the 14th] they started becoming more frequent and consistent around 4ish... Jeff got home around 5 and kept timing the contractions (they need to be 5 min. apart and last for about a min) and he kept freaking out (he's paranoid big time) and saying, "SARAH!! That one was 3 min. apart... we got to go now!" Mom said i was in denial because i kept saying i was okay... Stacy told me to just go take a nice long shower and to wait because i could be having those contracts for a long time and, "you'd rather be at home than in the hospital with those".
We left to go to the hospital around 6… I was dilated to a 5 and they put me in triage to make sure I was progressing... the contractions were progressing (getting stronger... more painful... i was so out of it... it hurt so bad) and they made me wait an hour to see if i'd dilate to a 6... i did... they admitted me. Mom & Maddie went back to our apartment to get some sleep... we'd call them when I was dilated to a 10 and closer to delivery. Got an epidural... THE BEST RELIEF EVER!!!! AAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAZ ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Slept for a couple of hours... i was in and out of it. They put a heart rate monitor around my belly that tracks her heart rate and i was feeling goofy and said, "my galloping Delsie" because it sounded like a horse galloping.
I'm gonna go feed ma baby... more to come!
We left to go to the hospital around 6… I was dilated to a 5 and they put me in triage to make sure I was progressing... the contractions were progressing (getting stronger... more painful... i was so out of it... it hurt so bad) and they made me wait an hour to see if i'd dilate to a 6... i did... they admitted me. Mom & Maddie went back to our apartment to get some sleep... we'd call them when I was dilated to a 10 and closer to delivery. Got an epidural... THE BEST RELIEF EVER!!!! AAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAZ ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Slept for a couple of hours... i was in and out of it. They put a heart rate monitor around my belly that tracks her heart rate and i was feeling goofy and said, "my galloping Delsie" because it sounded like a horse galloping.
I'm gonna go feed ma baby... more to come!
1 comment:
well, better late than never! congratulations! i didn't even know you were pregnant :). I hope you will start blogging again now that I know your blog exhists. I will catch up and read more here later. Love you! Hi to hubby, kisses to baby!
Post a Comment